Thursday

Jeff Magnum Is a Genius


As you might have already heard - I'm a huge fan of Neutral Milk Hotel.

I happen to think that they're second album, In an Aeroplane Over the Sea, is one of the greatest ever written, and I've just got ahold of they're first - On Avery Island - and it's also awesome.

Recently I've been searching youtube for different live performances Jeff has done, and I keep running into songs that I've never heard - they're probably from one of the many demos / EPs / maybe LPs he recorded before On Avery Island and only released to friends.

But I ran into this song - "My Dream Girl Don't Exist" - and it's absouletly amazing. I think it's a companion song to one of the songs on In an Aeroplane Over the Sea - "Ghost" if I'm correct - as they share a line and melody towards the end, and he says it's is a companion to a song on the album before he performs as well.

Check it out HERE on youtube.

and PS, Mr. Magnum, if you happen to be reading this, please come out of wherever you are currently hiding and release some new music.

No comments: