Thursday

Un-Realism

Hmm.... un-realism

Well, one of the first things I can think of is the scene in Dan Brown's Deception Point, where they find themselves on an oil platform surrounded by hammerhead sharks... as it sinks...at the critical moment in the story.

Usually, it would through me out of the story, citing the lack of realism as a distraction. But to the contrary, this lack of realism only played with the already extreme tone of the book, and I know only question it years later in retrospect. So I guess Dan Brown is good at that.

Also - the 'black' robots in Transformers 2... I'm not sure if they are just unbelieveable or it was unbelieveable that Michael Bay would actually put them in there... it was pretty racist. Also, Megan Fox's clothes never really get that dirty. Strange...

No comments: